We have listed below some important considerations to think about before you make the switch.
- Prescription drug coverage is different with Medicare than under group plans and even individual plans. Do you have a need for brand name or specialty medications or do you mostly take generic?
- What doctors do you see and do they have a specific set of Medicare plans that they work with?
- Do you have a need for coverage while traveling out of your immediate area?
- What hospitals and/or medical groups do you want to have access to?
- Do you prefer a PPO style plan where you can self-refer to specialists or do you like an HMO that could offer premium savings?